Track 3 - Providing Legal Services
Do you desire to help immigrants gain greater opportunity?
Did you know that you can make a life-changing difference in the plight of an immigrant’s legal status?
Track 3 - Providing Legal Services is for any church or faith-based organization desiring to assist immigrants in their community. We believe that legal needs are the biggest hurdle for an immigrant to tackle. Many immigrants are self-sufficient, hard working individuals and yet most must rely on someone else to help them meet this particular need.
Our Recommended Next Steps
- Review published materials on the Recognition and Accreditation Program (R&A) which is regulated by The Department of Justice (DOJ).
- Attend a basic immigration law training like ‘Immigrant Pathway Institute’’ that uses the ILRC publication “A Guide for Immigration Advocates”.
- Connect with the organizations in your community who are in the R&A Program and provide low-cost legal services to immigrants. Additionally, become a regular volunteer at one of these organizations.
- Reach out to immigration attorneys in your community and utilize their expertise by referring immigrants in need of their services.
- Connect with a DOJ accredited representative that will mentor you as you navigate the application process of the DOJ R &A Program.
- Gather funds and resources that will help launch your legal center.
- Become a member of the The Immigration Alliance.